Thursday, April 29, 2010

a sense of impending doom...

The kids have been so snarly today! Picking fights, whining and so on. And I've been a tad snarly too, having a hard time being patient. Spencer has been his usual cheerful self, but he did take a short afternoon nap. Maybe that was his way of showing how upset he is that daddy is leaving on Saturday to spend the next month in Georgia looking for a job.

Sometimes I don't realize how much I look forward to him coming home, and the cheerful way he pitches in and helps out. How he tickles the kids until they can tell him where their femur is. How he teases them and they've learned to hardly ever take him seriously.

We're all going to miss him. Ain't no sunshine when he's gone.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That is rough! Good luck with the upcoming month. Hopefully it will take less than a month to find something.

Kurtis is a very important part in my sanity...if he were gone for a month I think I would lose it!