Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth...





The tooth fairy will be making her first appearance at our house pretty soon. She's been waiting to come for weeks actually, Brighton is a bit of a non-wiggler. Her permanent tooth got tired of waiting for space and came in behind. She has orthodontia in her future, that's for sure. :)

But I was wondering, since a precedent will be set here for the whole family, what's the going rate for your tooth fairy? I remember getting a buck a tooth and $2 for molars. One glorious week I lost four molars and was rich!

But ended up with bus tokens. (love that book!)

So, how much?

4 comments:

State of Bliss said...

I think I remember getting a dollar a tooth. But the best thing I ever got from the tooth fairy was a hand-drawn picture of where my tooth fit perfectly in the chimney of the fairy's house (they collect the teeth because they build with them:). That was the coolest thing ever! I still remember that!

Laura said...

We do a dollar a tooth, and Jacob is continuing a tradition in his family of writing a poem from the Tooth Fairy. In fact, the Tooth Fairy just made an appearance last night and left a poem meant to be sung to the tune of "Fuer Elise," supposedly written by Toothwig van Teethoven. Very entertaining!

Jenn said...

Wow, I guess we're cheap. Erik got 50 cents and was perfectly happy with that. I guess we might have to rethink that.

Hannah S said...

I only got a quarter per tooth. We just got that alexander book from pre-school.