Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our new home

Finally!! We had to wait a looong time to get our internet hooked up. Life in the real world is hard- and expensive! You have to pay for cable, internet and phone at $30 bucks a pop, so we're only getting internet. Wymount sure was a fab deal- to my old friends still living there- stay!!
Stay there forever!! :)


I tried to take a video to give you a tour, but it's too dark today- another rainy day. So you'll have to live with a ton of pics.


This is the front of our townhouse. I like the screen door, so I can leave our door open during the nice fall days we've been having.

Our front room. The kids are watching a show- yup, Logan too. He's such visual kid, the girls refused to watch TV until they were at least 2. James' brother gave us a couch, and since we didn't have room for two and the red one was falling apart, we had to get rid of it. I loved that red couch!! Sniff.
The view from the other side of the room.



This was a weird shaped little closet that fit under the stairs, so we just took the door off and made it into a toy closet.

James TWO computers- he managed to get his hands on a Mac. Someone was junking (leaving large things on the side of the road for anyone to have)this computer desk and we grabbed it.

Our downstairs bathroom.








The kitchen. Not too large, but it does have a window! All the cupboards are faced with this blah plastic, so I covered the top cupboards with contact paper. And yes, that is a dishwasher! I named him Mario (thanks Chris!) and you'd think with a name like that he would be really tough and a hard worker, but really he's just a sensitive Italian that you have to pamper or he refuses to work. I'd just do the dishes myself, but that would really hurt his feelings.



I'll have to do the rest of the house in another post, this is going to be really long!

1 comment:

Camilla said...

Thanks for the tour Brittany! You have a lovely place. And wow to having all those major appliances IN the house--Awesome!!! It looks like you've gotten settled pretty well... the bedrooms look great (I saw your new bedspread and love the colors.) Patience usually pays off, doesn't it?