Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Brooklyn-

An update of our snugglebug. Brooklyn's biggest achievement has been staying dry(in potty-training language)! I think she would have been fine to start training months ago, but I didn't want to complicate the move. So we waited, and she practically did it all herself!! I remind her, but she pretty much goes herself. I'm really grateful that was so easy, as I know it is not always the case. And I'm sure there are accidents coming, when I'm at the store and have a cartful of food. I'm not that naive. :)



She loves to say HEY! She says it all the time. Brooklyn is probably my child that needs me the least, which is good and bad. I love that she can entertain herself, but I don't want to ignore her just because she doesn't require a lot.

She loves to play and pretend, especially with Brighton. She usually goes along with whatever Brighton has cooked up. She's at that tricky age when she still needs a nap, but won't take one. Brighton had "quiet time" until she was at least 3 1/2; alone in her room listening to tapes and reading books. I'm trying that with Brooklyn, but she will only cooperate for about 30 min. Oh, well. That's enough time for me to do school with Brighton. My next task will be taking away Brooklyn's blanky and thumb. Always so hard!

Brooklyn loves her daddy best of all. She loves to dance and be a princess. She loves to snuggle. We sure love her!

1 comment:

Bliss' said...

We love Brooklyn. She cracks me. Yeah that she potty trained so easily. Jaron is afraid of the toliet. Like last night I got undressed to get in the tub and he had this look on his face and started dancing around. I realized he has to pee. I take him to the toliet and he won't sit. Luckily Bryon just got home so I Jaron to him. He wouldn't go for Bryon either. Bryon put a diaper back on him and he went. At least he knows not to pee on my floor.