Friday, September 19, 2008

It's stronger than shoe love...


It's bedspread love! As poor college students, we make do with what we have, or go without. My bed is one example. For the first few months we were married, James and I slept on an air mattress. Finally, we had saved up enough to buy a mattress set at an RC Willey Outlet. We didn't have a blanket large enough to cover it, so we used two or three twin blankets. Last year, I found a bed frame on craigslist- selling at $300. It had been on there a while, so I offered $100. She let me have it for $150. Steal! It had some gouges, but I filled them in with a brown sharpie. :) And the latest upgrade: A new king-sized bedspread!! I love it! My bedroom is slowly coming together. Slowly- notice the blue storage tubs being used as nightstands? :) But I love it even more because I've saved and waited to have what I want.

No comments: