Thursday, June 12, 2008

James update

Well, my rugged mountain man has been gone for three weeks now. *sniff* This is the view from his office. I'm just teasing, his job is out in the wild. He's been hiking around in this wilderness, braving all kinds of bugs and ticks and scratchy branches.

This is all the gear he wears to take readings of the mineral content of the ground. I think. :) He's enjoying himself, although he misses us. That's what he says, anyway. With all the hullabaloo goings on the last week I'm sure he had more peace where he is. He'll be back July 1st, and we'll start loading our moving van the next day. He'll leave and drive straight to Iowa, drop off our stuff, and then fly back to Washington/Alaska for another 3-4 weeks. I'm taking the leisurley drive to Colorado for a family rafting trip, then I'll be staying in Kansas to visit with family and friends, and then to Iowa to visit James' mom for a week or so, and THEN I'll start unpacking stuff .

No comments: