Thursday, February 7, 2008

Logan update

Logan's doctor finally called, and his EEG results came back normal! Which means that I can take him off his anti-seizure medication. Heehee, some of you know what that's funny. Maybe finally we can put this whole thing behind us.

But seriously, it still haunts me. I've realized that I have no control over what happens to my family and precious children. I used to be the one that thought bad things happened to other people, not to me. I check to make sure Logan is breathing every time I lay him down for a nap. I scare myself maybe once a week when I check on him and he looks gray because of dim light, and for a second I tell myself that he's dead. Then I realize that he IS breathing, and I go cry in the bathroom for a minute until I can stop shaking. It used to be every day, so I'm doing better! Anyways- I hope you all appreciate your kids and how wonderful they are, and what life would be like without them.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am glad to hear that your little Logan did so well.

I would be worried too, after what you went through. I worry anyway and check on Sammy all the time (waking her up half the time). I am glad you are starting to cope a little better. Let me know if I can ever help!