Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The new face of Brighton

Yes, at age 6 Brighton needs glasses. :( Like mother, like daughter.

I'm happy for her that now she can see things she didn't even know that she was missing out on, like leaves on the trees. As soon as we walked out of the office she was so excited because she could see the car! She likes to take her glasses on and off to see how she can see things differently.

I'm sad for her that now she has to bother with glasses. Having to be careful with them, yearly check-ups, higher prescriptions, not being able to see when you wake up in the morning. All the stuff that I had to deal with from age 8 to age 20. When I got 'em lasered, yeah! My vision was really bad. -8 is legally blind and I was -10. When I was shopping around for Lasik a lot of the "bargain" places said that they hadn't seen anyone with eyes as bad as mine. No thank you, I'm not gonna be your guinea pig. When I was younger, my worst nightmares were not being to find my glasses and not being able to see anything. It was really emotional for me when I got up from the chair after Lasik and I could see.

So sorry that they couldn't fix my genetics as well as my vision. Oh, well- she looks cute, right?!

4 comments:

Erika said...

Lasik?! I am SO jealous! I keep telling Nick...when we have money...that's our first purchase!

Randy said...

She looks SO cute!!!

Walking in a Hayes said...

At least you made sure she got glasses that looked cute on her! Not that we all didn't look adorable in our huge glasses growing up... :) I am glad she can see now though! How did you know to take her in? Did she start complaining about headaches or something? Just curious what signs to be looking out for.

Laura Jean said...

Such a cutie... I'll have to tell amber after school and let her see the pictures. Love you!