Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Announcing a new addition!


Yeah, yeah, I know what you were thinking. :)


We got a piano! I found it on craigslist for $75, can you believe it?! It needs to be tuned and we really don't have space for it, but I just couldn't pass it up.

I'm really hoping we can get out of our lease early, otherwise we'll all be crammed in here until September. And James has his eye on a treadmill. Maybe we'll just put it in the downstairs bathroom. Who needs two bathrooms, really? :) Back to the piano- I haven't played it a ton yet because of a few sticky keys and the tuning thing. But I just love having it! I love to see my kids climb up on the bench and plunk out notes while they sing along. I feel more musical already. :)

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Well, I was wondering, since Logan's going to be 2 this summer... :)

Anyway--LOVE the piano! You're right--you can't pass something like that up. Hope you really enjoy it!

Charmaine said...

Hooray!

Mandy said...

I'm jealous! Wow, what a deal! That's so cool.

rychelle said...

$75 is a steal!! Great Find!!

Walking in a Hayes said...

Oh my goodness, you are amazing!!!! The piano is beautiful! You are my inspiration! If I can be half the bargain finder you are I will be happy!

M said...

Isn't Craigslist amazing. You converted me with your headboard-vacuum-children's toy thingie and now i'm about to celebrate with a bucket of black paint(and maybe even some chalkboard paint too!)

Hannah S said...

Cool! Do you play?

Brittany Hall said...

I do play, and I've been without a piano for eight years now. That's why I'm so excited, and a little sad to see how much ability I've lost. I was looking at my old music and was amazed at how "black" it was. Lots of notes. Those were the days....

McCreary Possee said...

That is so fabulous! Congratulations!!! I love having my own piano as well. In fact, yours looks a lot like mine! It's beautiful!

April Cobb said...

I am so jealous!! We just paid $205 to move Jay's parents piano into our house. And we don't even get to keep it forever. So you got a Bargain!!!