Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good idea?

Oh, the cleverness of me! -to quote Peter Pan. I was pretty proud of this anyway. I seemed to be plagued with small bathrooms with little counter space. And I'm stuck with wrestling with 4 bottles of hair product, brushes, combs, straighteners and blow dryers. And my three kids that NEED to be in the bathroom with me. I'm always worried that one of the kids will pull on the cords or rest their arm on my straightener, so now I tuck it up out of the way in this! It's just a hot pad with a pocket, but now I don't have to worry about someone with small fingers grabbing it, or wait until it cools down to put away. Pretty good idea, right?! :)

8 comments:

rychelle said...

I love the idea!!! Good thinking!

Mandy said...

Clever! I struggle with the same concern. I've decided Moms get an extra shot of imagination in place of losing their memory, and so I can imagine terrible burn episodes in the bathroom! :)

Bliss' said...

When Hannah was 9 months old she reached up and grabed my curlihng iron cord. I thought I had the cord out of the way but I was wrong. The iron fell on her arm. She got a nice big burn by her elbow. I felt so bad I didn't use my curling iron for months.

Walking in a Hayes said...

Brittany, you are amazing!! I love all your good ideas! You are such a great mom! Jaxon loves cords right now, but I am lucky and Jaxon doesn't like my blow dryer so he steers clear of the bathroom when I am getting ready for the day. I am worried about when he doesn't mind the blow dryer, but now I know what to do!!! Thanks!

M said...

I always said you were a genius.

Hannah S said...

Great idea! It doesn't scorch the pad though? It doesn't look to bad eitiher. You could dress those up w/some ribbon and sell them on Etsy and the CPSIA can't complain!

Kelly said...

Oh go write a book already-Heloise! (so I can buy it)

Red Bed Head said...

Another great idea!!! I found some of those floating knee pads at the $ store, works great for bathtime at our house. I'll give this a try as well.