Thursday, February 12, 2009

a little independance


I'm the type of Mom that tends to overdo- I get all their food ready for them, get their drinks, get their clothes out, that sort of thing. Even though Brighton and Brooklyn are old enough to do it themselves. I need to be better about teaching instead of just doing it for them. This past Sunday, we were all taking naps. (James grew up having family naptime on Sundays and is determined to keep it. :) Brighton usually just plays quietly with the Sunday box. After getting up- I take short naps- I found Brighton eating a piece of pizza at the table. She got the bag of leftover pizza out of the fridge, got a plate out of the cupboard, put the pizza in the microwave, pushed 123 and then start, and had herself a snack! She surprises me like that sometimes. (Amanda, this reminded me of Kallie and the ice cream story!)

4 comments:

April Cobb said...

Your organization and methodical ways make me feel like crap. Stop it already!!! Do you teach courses?

Amanda said...

Totally! I love that she did it all by herself. I think we often don't know what they're really capable of until they get a chance to just do it. Isn't it fun to see how they just take care of things when they need to?

Benson Fam said...

Yea Brighton! I'm with you on the doing everything for them thing- it's called being controlling :). I don't know where we get it...

M said...

April--it's SO true! You're comment made me laugh out right!
Brit-I can't believe how Brighton has grown! She looks like a lovely girl and not like a "little girl" anymore-what a cute picture.