Monday, December 1, 2008

My Latest Creation

I am so proud of this!! The pictures really don't do it justice. (I've tried a couple times to rotate the pics but it's not working, so sorry for the neck cramp.) I saw this advent calendar in the December issue of Parents magazine, and wanted to whip it up myself. Although the instructions were not as exact as I like (so I could copy it exactly and not have to do any hard thinking). This is all out of felt, and the ornaments go in the pockets for the girls to take out one a day until Christmas. I want to make a really nice one involving a nativity instead of a tree eventually, but that will wait a few years until I have the time and moolah.
These ornaments I designed myself!! I'm really pleased with how they turned out, considering my lack of artistic ability. I still need 4 more, 2 snowflakes and 2 gingerbread men. I have tried two nights in a row to come up with them, with no success. Help me Rachel! :) So, I'm leaving those until the last and will keep plugging away.
Anyway, this was fun for me to make, and only cost $9! Merry Christmas!






4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Wow, looks great!

Bliss' said...

That looks amazing!!! You have a lot of artisitc ability. I was telling Bryon last night that we need a calendar so Hannah will stop asking every night if Christmas is tomorrow. For the shapes, what I do is go on microsoft clipart. I find a picture I am looking for and shrink or blow up it to the size I want. I print it, cut it out and use it as a template.

Brittany Hall said...

The gingerbread man and snowflake are finished, thanks to microsoft clipart and rebecca's tip! Yay, thanks!! :)

M said...

I'm too late...sniff. (see email)