Monday, September 20, 2010

umm, Hi!





I've been such an absent blogger this summer. I have several good reasons that I won't bore you with. :) The summer has been filled with lots of fun activities, so I'll give you a quick rundown of the highlights:

homemade pinata
happy birthday Logan
local zoo
rodeo
short and expensive haircut
starting school
first steps
potty training
terrible but cheap haircut
two trips to Nauvoo

Whew!! After tres months of being apart, James flew back to join the family in Iowa at the end of July. He has been working at Best Buy part time while he continued the job search. We've been apart too many summers. I think 4 or 5. It's just not good for us, we need to stop doing it! There have been lots of ups and down as far as the job search. James would get an interview and our hopes would be high for a few weeks, and then would slump down when he didn't get the position. It's been an awful and emotional roller-coaster. But last week he was offered a position at Genesis Medical here in Davenport IA. So yay!

Um, is it awful that I spent several days being really depressed about this job? It's a great job, really exciting for him. But I'm kind of bummed about it being here in Iowa. What is that about??? We moved all our stuff to Georgia, we felt so sure that that was where we needed to end up. And although the job is great, it's not like our financial worries are over. But there, that's enough complaining. It's going to be great, and we'll make it work and continue to have faith. That's what we Mormons do, right?!

So we're looking into buying a home, and boy is that another stresser. I go between wanting to close my eyes until it's over and needing to know every single thing about the home buying process. I currently have five books from the library about real estate. :)

I'll try to be better about getting on the computer and keep ya'll posted. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes from everyone!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I've been wondering how you were lately! SO HAPPY about the job! And, you know, Iowa's not half bad...of course I've never been there, but I sing about it in Music Man, so that counts for something, right? ;) Glad you're enjoying life and keeping busy!

Megan said...

Oh! You get to stay in Iowa!! We were so, so, ecstatic to hear you got a job (or James, that is). We're so happy for you all! It is crazy how things work out, huh? I'm sure He has good reasons though. Boo for juggling finances. Not fun, but I guess it must be done. Wish you could pass on the info from your study of real estate to me. I could use another crash course. We decided a VAN was first on the list for us. Can't wait for many more posts from you!

Laura said...

Well, I'm sorry that things don't seem right for Georgia just now—that's a huge hassle. But hooray that James has a job! And hooray that you have a place to be for a while! And hooray for short haircuts . . . maybe?! Glad to see the update!

Melody said...

It's so fun to hear about your family again. We miss you guys! It stinks when things don't work out the way you think, but maybe down the road you'll see why. Or maybe not. Maybe you just roll with it. : )

Good luck with the home buying. I have to admit that I sometimes miss our easy-peasy rental. No lawn mowing, no freaking out about chipped paint or messed-up floors, no worrying about resale. My advice: take your time, and only buy if you're sure you're sticking around in Davenport. If you still feel like Georgia's on the horizon, then fuggedaboutit. Too much stress.

Mandy said...

Well, it's so easy for me to look at your family and say, "Of course things will work out for you!!" You are amazing! I can't believe how grown up your kiddos look! Yeah, and I hear you about the haircuts!