Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Meanwhile...

Little update on what we're doing: we're still looking at buying a house. This whole process takes forever!! I would love to be in our own place by Christmas, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen. We're working on consolidating our student loans, saving up money and finding a lender. We've mostly just looked at houses online and spent some time driving around neighborhoods. I don't want to talk to a real estate agent or go to an open house until we have a loan approved. And we're also busy getting other grown-up things figured out like health insurance. Sometimes I just want to go back to being a student! It's all I've known for the past ten years. This is all crazy new stuff.

We'll be leaving for Georgia this Friday to load up all our stuff and drive it back here. Well, James is doing that anyway. I'm going to stay and play for a while! Yay!!! The kids are all really excited. My sister and I are going to be working on Halloween costumes while I'm there, and I'm looking forward to having a crafting partner. Happy Fall everyone!!

2 comments:

Walking in a Hayes said...

Sorry Brittany! I hate having to figure all those kinds of things out. Can I ask what you are doing for Halloween? Or what Logan's favorite dress-ups are? I was thinking about having Jax be a cowboy because I think he would love to play with that outfit. He still loves his superkid cape. I like the idea of using his costumes as dress-up. Have fun in GA!

Bliss' said...

Good Luck with all that. We know the frusration of buying in this market. It took us 3 months to close on our house once the bank approved the short sale. And that was after a year of looking. We had to renew our preapproval twice. We also wanted to stay in our ward and get H into a certain school so we had fewer options. Hopefully things will go better for you. If you are willing to play the waiting game you could get a great deal! We will keep you in our prayers.