Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Atlanta Situation

For those who aren't in the know, I thought I'd fill everyone in on what we are doing.

About Atlanta: Way back when, oh- six months ago? When James was applying for jobs at the end of his semester, we felt impressed that we needed to be in the Atlanta area. We also were pretty sure that we would not have a job beforehand and would just need to go out there and get one. I'm not sure if that last part was inspiration or just knowing how the Lord works with us. We're not one of those families where things end up in our lap. I guess we have more we need to learn about faith, and Heavenly Father likes to give us those opportunities. :)

So for the month of May, as soon as James was done with his degrees he drove down to Georgia to start looking for work. Not a ton of luck so far, but we keep hearing there is potential and companies are hiring. I packed up the house and kept the kids {mostly} happy until the end of May, when James flew back to help load up the moving van and drive our stuff down to Georgia. My sister has been awesome and is letting James stay with her and all of our stuff is just sitting in her garage. Thanks Dawnelle!

Right now I am staying with James' parents in Davenport, which is right on the Iowa/Illinois border. We're going to give this situation a month and then evaluate. We still feel like Georgia is right for us- we figure if we stay close to the spirit the Lord will let us know if we're not doing the right thing anymore. But we still feel good about Atlanta- who knows why?! This has been a good lesson in faith for me especially, as I like to have everything planned out and organized, and James not having a job is stressing both of us out. But we've been blessed with great family that are letting us take over their homes, and hopefully we'll catch a break soon. I don't always have access to a phone here and being on the computer is harder, so I won't be blogging as much. But we've restocked our adventure jar, and I'll have pictures to blog as soon as James gets a job and we get to our new house in Atlanta!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Miss you all! Glad you made it to Grandma and Gradpa's place. We're praying for you and can't wait to hear how things turn out!

Amanda said...

I have to tell you--I have two friends who have been in similar situations. One couple felt the need to move to Oregon...no job, no family, etc. But they moved. She said it was hard for a while, but her husband found a job and things started coming together. They did it again a few years later and moved to Colorado. Now, they feel like they need to go to AZ and are trying to sell their home.

Another couple felt inspired to move to South Carolina. Again, no job, no family. They held to their inspiration, moved a couple of months ago, and closed on a home there this past week. I know her husband has a job, although I'm not certain it's in his field.

Hang in there. These are some success stories for you to hold on to. :) If you feel the need to be down there, then it's the right thing--and things will come together for you. You're taking that step into the dark so the Lord can light the next few. In the meantime, I look forward to seeing the fun adventures you're having!

P.S. My word verification is "hallsy." I would use this word to describe something as having the Hall's personality all over it. Like, "This blog is very hallsy." ;)

Benson Fam said...

I like that Amanda, ditto to her thoughts. Though I'm really tired of hearing that you don't know why you should be in Georgia. Hello- I'm here! And I'm very needy, I need you here.

Melody said...

We miss you, Brittany! I have total faith that it's all going to come together for you soon. We seriously pray for you every night. Keep us posted!

M said...

Wow, i didn't realize i was so behind in reading your blog! Brighton has glasses, Spencer crawling?! Good luck with everything-you are blessed to have such supportive family --and friends ;)

Elisabeth said...

Good luck waiting. Doing what the Lord wants us to do is not always easy, but I have found that He always blesses us for it :) Can't wait to see your new home.