Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter day activity

Isn't he cute? We are starting to feel the winter here in Iowa!! It seems like every day I wake up to more snow. The kids are still pretty good in the mornings with school, but the afternoon doldrums are hard. We all get cranky.
If this sounds like you, here is an activity idea! I found it here. Can I tell you what a lifesaver the internet is?! I especially love how many mommy blogs there are with activity ideas. I bookmark a whole bunch so I can revisit them. If I wasn't so lazy I'd put buttons on my blog, but again- lazy.
Edible peanut butter playdough that they decorated with pretzels, raisins and candy dots. Basically, whatever I had in the back of my cupboard. :)
Guaranteed to keep kids busy and happy for at least 30 minutes.

5 comments:

Melody said...

Super cute spider thingys. But seriously, do you use an RSS reader? If not, ask James to set it up for you. It's a lifesaver for keeping caught up on blogs. : )

Laura said...

Totally cute! I wonder if it would work with almond butter? Can't do peanut butter around our house.

Danielle Smith said...

You should check out my best friend's blog. It has a ton of great activities for kids! www.toddlerboredumbusters.blogspot.com. I love all the activities.

Danielle Smith said...

PS-I meant to type www.toddlerboredombusters.blogspot.com I bet you would really like it.

M said...

when did your kids grow 2 years? and where have I been? Cute projects :)