Saturday, January 30, 2010

A project... finished

I found the idea for this felt playhouse here. I don't think I come up with any original ideas, but I'm pretty good at imitation!
This fits over a card table. My measurements weren't perfect, and it's a little large. I think I'd like to make a slightly bigger frame out of PVC pipe. Cheap, and would disassemble easily.
I love all the little details on this. I think I will end up taking off the door and sewing in at the top so it can flip onto the roof. And I'll probably need to put something in the window (make a pane, or add vinyl or webbing) since the kids keep trying to crawl out of it. Even though not doing that is a rule for playing with the playhouse. That and not climbing on the roof. :)
And I need to make some flowers for the flowerbox.

It was really fun to sew with felt, but I think I'm ready for a break!

9 comments:

Walking in a Hayes said...

I am pretty sure you are the best mom ever! That is such a cute playhouse! I love the garden especially, can you actually "pick" the apples and carrots? So fun! When I grow up, I want to be a great mommy like you!

Carrie said...

That is so neat! You are such a crafty goddess, even if you don't come up with the ideas originally.

Melody said...

Seriously, you are brilliant. I am totally in awe. Love love love this. Next time Ruby is over at your house she will wet herself over this. No really, she will... she's potty training. : )

Amanda said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! You did a great job!

Charmaine said...

Wow. Just wow. I'm really impressed. Great job!

Bethany said...

I love it!!!! I totally want to make one - maybe in a few months :) You are awesome - way to go Britt!!

Hannah S said...

Great work! This is crazy bcse one of my other friends made her kids this same thing for Christmas. Fun idea!

Laura said...

You are AMAZING!! That house turned out so cute. And thanks for the link. I've been considering making one for my kids, who love to build forts, but I hate missing cushions. (Of course, now that I've seen your results, I may just be too depressed to start . . . :-) )

Britt-Marie said...

That's amazing! I saw Missy post a link to that on her blog. It looked so cute, but I didn't think I would be to do it. You did a great job!