Monday, November 2, 2009

The ladybugs are swarming!

For some reason unknown to me, our house is being attacked by ladybugs. There are 13 crawling around on my back door right now, and nearly that many on any window. I can see them flying around outside. Is this a sign of good luck? Are they plotting something? They're getting inside through our poorly sealed doors and crawl around on the ceiling. In the morning our floors are covered with little ladybug carcasses. The kids like to gather up handfuls and carry them around. I'm really not sure what is going on.And not to sound paranoid, but these pumpkin bats are glaring at me.
Especially this guy.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

We get lots of Ladybugs here too. It must be a midwest thing.

McCreary Possee said...

Ew. I don't know if I'd like that. And it's November for pete's sake. Aren't they supposed to hibernate or die when it gets cold?

Erika said...

they are a japanese beetle that just nests in the fields (ie corn, etc). Well, when everything is harvested (which is now)...they leave since their home was just uprooted. So they come out in full force in October. Usually it is too cold in November, so they are gone by now...but it has been warmer this time around. Be careful...some of them bite. We find them everywhere...ceiling, floor, walls, behind picture frames, basement, upstair bedrooms. They'll go away soon. Oh, and don't squish them...they STINK!

Kelly said...

Some BITE?!

We had a surge of them inside too here in the Northeast. It's still going on. I suck them up with the vacuum.