Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Things to keep busy

Knowing full well that my due date will come and go with no baby, I'm trying to stay busy.

I crocheted the edges of this baby blanket. My mom always gave us two blankets when we had a baby, and my kids have loved theirs to death. They love to finger the edges until it pretty much falls apart. Since that's not going to happen anymore- I'm making my own. I'll make the second one after the baby is here so I don't have to be so gender-neutral. I also want to ask around the ward for someone to teach me a different edge. I really like doing it, and it reminds me of Old mom. :)

I also got a fabulous pedicure. :) It's seriously one of my favorite treats to myself. If you are in Ames, get yourself to Serenity Nails!

I also made two Sunday dresses for Brighton, which I'll have to take a picture of and post later. I can't find dresses that are long enough or are the right style, so I'll probably be making a lot of dresses in the future. Brooklyn has to wear a size 6 just for the length, and she normally fits a size 2/3.

5 comments:

Erika said...

sister Taylor is the resident expert in our Ward. I am sure there are others...

Amanda said...

Way to keep busy. That blanket is really cute! Have you tried looking on line for new edges? I'll bet you can find a few free patterns if you google it.

How IS your mom, BTW? I was thinking about her the other day.

Melody said...

Seriously, Brittany, could you be a little more productive? It's not like you're 39 weeks and 6 days pregnant or anything.

But honestly, that blanket is darling. I'm in awe of your talent.

Here's hoping the baby decides to come on time!

McCreary Possee said...

How fun! And to think that Beth and I were just talking about you this morning. So good that you have at least a little something to do. Love ya tons and can't wait for the announcement!

The Hansens said...

yes i know the feeling of having the due date come and go..keeping busy is a must. And im glad you got a pedicure. OOOOh how i loved getting mine when i was pregnant!