Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Iowa State Fair

"Our state fair is a great state fair, don't miss it, don't even delay..."
Anyone seen that musical? Anyone??

I'm really bad at taking pictures, so I don't have a ton here. This whole week has been a family fun week since James had a break between his internship and start of classes. It has been so great!! He cleans the house and entertains the kids and I mostly just lie on the couch and look useless. He's making me look bad. :)

Anyways- back to the fair. I haven't been to a fair since I was twelve, and this was huge and amazing and exhausting!! This first pic is Brooklyn hugging Clifford at the PBS kids booth, where the kids enjoyed listening to a great storytime.


Looking at the baby ducks. This was probably my favorite thing- they had baby turkeys, chicks, piglets, calves, goats, and I think that's it. I've had a cold for forever (or three weeks) and my sense of smell and taste might never come back. So thankfully, I couldn't smell any of the animals. However, I couldn't smell any of the yummy/fattening fair food either. :(


Brighton's favorite thing: This area where they dressed up as farmers, got to plant and pick pretend vegetables, collect eggs, milk a cow (all pretend), and ride a tractor. At the end they sold their wares at the market and got a $1 to spend at the store!! Pretty cool! :)

I wish I had taken more pictures. The weather was not so great- it kept sprinkling on and off all morning. By the end of the day my legs weren't working very well. I've been taking it easy since then, doing more laying on the couch. Next week James is back to school, and we're going to miss him!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds (and looks) like a fun family activity!

Ryan's been home since Clayton was born. (He doesn't go back to work for another week and a half!) Anyway--I know exactly what you're talking about when you say James is making you look bad. :) Ryan's doing the same thing for me at the moment. Isn't it wonderful to have husbands to count on while we're doing something no one else can do for us!?

Walking in a Hayes said...

You are so great and brave to go to the fair when you are over 8 months pregnant!!! I'm so glad you had fun though, sounds like it was a blast! And how wonderful to finally get a week with your husband, I hope you enjoyed it to the fullest. Love you!

Bethany said...

I love the state fair too! And yes, isn't that quote from "State fair" We will be going to the Utah state fair in Sept. I am glad you had fun!

Hannah S said...

It's from "State Fair"...Tyler was in it in high school. I love Nauvoo too. What a fun trip for your family!!