Sunday, March 1, 2009

Valentine's Day

My family has swapped homemade valentines for years, and I love this tradition. The girls love getting valentines in the mail, and I think it's fun to see the creative things my siblings have come up with. As well as to create our own valentines. The list of "family" grown over the years, and I usually add a friend each year. (Rachle, you're on the list for next year!)

This year: we melted crayons and cut them out in small heart shaped, and added a cord for optional wearing. :) The girls peeled the paper and broke up the crayons, which they loved being
actually allowed to do something that's usually a no-no.
James usually makes me a big fancy dinner- but we nixed it this year (or rather I took a rain check) since I can't do smelly foods quite yet. But I am having more good days, thankfully.
Hope everyone had a good v-day!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am AMAZED that you did something so fun with your kids while feeling so blah. (My kids are lucky to have their hair combed at the moment.) Those are such CUTE valentines!

I just have to share--Saturday, I went grocery shopping with Ryan for the first time in about 5 weeks. I actually showered, did my hair and makeup, and enjoyed the trip to Costco! I was shocked. Although I don't feel "out of the woods" yet, I'm amazed that I'm already having good days before 20 weeks! I hope yours are coming more often, too!

Erika said...

Sydney wears her necklace all the time! what a cute idea!