Sunday, August 10, 2008

Go World!!


I just love the Olympics! My family didn't have TV growing up, but when Olympics time came around... we got cable just for two weeks! We even took school off- a benefit of homeschooling. :)

I think the stories about the individual athletes are so inspiring. So many years of hard work and sacrifice and dedication. Is there anything that I have worked as hard to acheive? I'm glad that we have something to acknowledge the years the athletes have spent training.

How about that Michael Phelps! And did you see that there is a 33-year old mom on the German female gymnastics team? I just watched her vault, and she's good! So many amazing people from all over the world.

If you haven't seen the AMAZING men's swimming 1x400 relay, check it out! This is incredible!!
http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/share.html?videoid=0811_hd_swb_hl_l0194


GO WORLD!!!

2 comments:

Walking in a Hayes said...

Yay for the Olympics!! As far as Jaxon's belly button goes I don't have to do anything. I guess all babies have a small umbilical hernia but most of the time it heals up before the umbilical cord falls off. Jaxon's is a pretty small one and it should heal all by itself pretty soon.
We miss having you guys here! We love you!!

Amanda said...

YAY for the Olympics! If you were here, we'd watch a few events together. We'll just have to pretend we're watching together now. I feel so proud of the people of the world when I watch. Look at what they've accomplished and how they are working toward a common goal. Even the losers are usually complimentary to the winners--there is nothin' like the Olympics!