Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Crazy 'bout Backyardigans!


I got a Backyardigan's video as one of the kid's moving surprises, and boy, has it started something. That is ALL they want to watch! Thankfully, it's a show that I heartily approve of. The premise is that these five friends (does anyone know what Uniqua is?) have adventures in their backyard, using their imagination.
Since watching them, my girls have spent hours playing spaceship, lost in the jungle, monsters, pirate ship, and kings- ruler of all the land. Just to name a few. Each 25 minute show has three songs, in all different genre's of music, such as 20's jazz, rock and roll, and polka. Really fun music. And this show has some great animators, because those kids can dance. I've been seriously considering developing an aerobic class featuring their dance moves. :) Watch me now, hey!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I, too, love that show! And, I did some research on what Uniqua is. Some people said ladybug, but the official word is that she is just herself. Her name is Uniqua because she's just unique.

Bliss' said...

we love the backyardigans. Hannah was Tasha last year for Halloween. That was a fun costume to make.

Bliss' said...

My mom recommeded this book and Hannah loved it. I thought Brighton would like it too.
"Look Look Look" by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace

Sean and Melissa said...

My boys loved that show while we were in Cincinnati. They've had similar ideas- taking all the furniture and making all kinds of creations in the living room. Hope you guys are getting settled there!
We miss your cute family!