Sunday, April 17, 2011

New House: Family Room


So this was the before. Black paneling, tan/pinkish wall. I swear the walls had a pink hue!
This is just the opposite view, which is kind of a reading corner for the kids. For now. I want to paint that rocking chair orange or red, for a pop of color!
After. We painted the walls a light brown, which turned out warmer than I liked and I'm not in love with it. But it's not going anywhere for a long time. I wallpapered behind the bookcases, and the rest is just a new rug and couch. Oh, and repainting the trim. It's a very brown room, but I'm on the lookout for some fun bright things. Sofa pillows, a fireplace screen, things like that. But we're in this room a lot, so it's a cozy family room!

4 comments:

State of Bliss said...

Love it! Turned out way nice, I like what you've done with it. I'm so happy for you guys!

Megan said...

Looking good!

Walking in a Hayes said...

It looks great! How nice to have a house! I'm glad you are finally settling in. Love you guys!

McCreary Possee said...

Wow! And that was almost a month ago! Can't wait to see what you've done in the past several weeks.....