Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Public Service Announcement

For all you proud and happy owners of large and hairy dogs...

please please please do not let your large and hairy dogs into your house.
It will cause the next owners of the home to clean the carpets twice to get up all the hair.

It will cause the next owners to seriously deodorize the carpet.

It will cause the next owners to fill a large garbage can full of dog hair picked up by their frequent vacuuming.

It will cause the next owners to take forever washing the walls and baseboards because they're basically just wiping dog hair around.

It will cause the next owners to forbid their children to come visit their new house until it's clean enough for them. (All right, I let them have short visits. But they have to keep their shoes on and then wash their hands.)

It will cause the next owners to assume the grout in the kitchen floor tile is brown, until scrubbing with a toothbrush reveals that it is actually white.

It will cause the next owners to involuntary gag several times.

To conclude: Please keep those large and hairy dogs outside, where I'm sure they will be very happy.

note: to all those dog owners, I don't mean to offend. I'm sure you love your dog. I am not a dog person and don't like to clean up after them. :) We've been in the house since Monday and still have several days of cleaning left. And then on to painting. Will we be living there by the end of the month? Who knows??

And don't even get me started on all the scratched up woodwork...


5 comments:

Amanda said...

AMEN! Did you read my blogpost about our living room carpet? Just in case you missed it, here's a link:

http://sympatichna.blogspot.com/2010/07/stench-or-why-we-may-never-ever-have.html

I still occasionally find a stray dog hair on the wall. We've been here 10 mos. (Granted, those are the walls we haven't painted yet.) But I totally agree--and I'm even a dog person!!

Laura said...

Oh, ugh! I love dogs, but the kind of mess you describe is just inexcusable owner behavior! Good luck with the continuing battle!

Megan said...

yiick!! Here's to hoping your kids can go bare foot again someday soon! Best wishes!!

Melody said...

Oh my gosh, Brittany, when we moved into our first house in Maryland, we thought we'd rip up the old carpets and find beautiful hardwood floors. Instead, we found hardwood floors that had been peed into oblivion by the former owner's large dogs. We just had to put new carpet back down, they were that damaged. So I feel your pain. Hopefully it'll be all clean soon.

McCreary Possee said...

Oh goodness! That's absolutely awful! Hopefully none of you have dog allergies! I don't think we could even consider buying a home that had house pets, especially cats. Nathan is just too allergic. Just another reason to leave the pets OUTSIDE! I hope everything is getting closer to normal for you by now.