Friday, March 5, 2010

We might have a problem...

Alternate title: The New Printer

Our old printer (that had been given to us several years ago) had started to die, and I was tired of never being able to print in color. I mentioned to James that it was very important to me to have a good printer, preferably one that could scan and copy. I find myself wanting to do that a lot as a homeschooler. I swear I only casually mentioned this, but I forgot who I was talking to. My husband is a bit of a tech nerd- he loves to research the newest gadgets and gizmos. For example, this is our computer:
He built this himself.


Twice.


And I have to say, although I was skeptical about the double monitor thing at first, now I don't know how I did without. Could we do three? Or four?



And now this is our printer:My old printer used to sit on top of that black filing cabinet. The new printer takes up my entire end table. Look at that thing! Yes, James reassures me that he got an unbelievable price, lowest one on the internet and then even lower because it was open box- but lookatitlookatit! It's huge! Practically commercial size! Am I running a marketing office? I might even have to name it.

Conclusion: Don't idly mention things like this anymore. Like wanting a new camera. I can only imagine what he would choose. Let us not speak of it.

4 comments:

State of Bliss said...

Jealous! I want a new printer, too! Tyler knows I want one, but unfortunately our budget doesn't really allow for such things at the moment.

Elisabeth said...

Looks like a great one. I do think you should name it, a printer that size needs a name ;)

Laura said...

Wow, that's quite an upgrade. But what fun! James and Jacob would get along well; Jacob used to build computers too and loves to keep up tech stuff. Let's make sure they're never alone together, okay? :-)

M said...

Ah, so your husband has the see-through window on the side too...but do the lights change colors?!