Monday, July 27, 2009

The Bix


James ran in his first 10K on Saturday, the Bix. It's a pretty big race- the biggest non-marathon race in the US, actually. Even though most people have never heard of it. :) There were around 13,000 people running this year. This pic is of the start- you can't even see the end of the runners. Pretty cool. We tried to find James in the crowd, but there were just too many people.







Here we are with my mom-in-law (dad-in-law is taking the pic) bright and early to cheer James on. We brought breakfast and the kids were more interested in that. :)













After the race-

This was the 35th year of the Bix so everyone that finished got a medal. The girls thought that was pretty cool. :) Brighton kept saying, "I knew you could do it daddy, I knew you could get a medal!" Any subsequent races that don't involve a medal will be a let-down.

I was very proud of James. He had only run a distance of 3.5 miles, and it took him about 45 min. I was expecting him to finish in an hour and a half, maybe two hours- but his time was just over 60 min! Way to go James/Daddy!! We're hoping to race together next year, provided we're still close and I'm not pregnant. :)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

YAY James! Finishing a race is such a great accomplishment. And, can I just say how great you look?! Seriously--I'm as big as a house at the moment and you barely even look pregnant.

McCreary Possee said...

Good job James! Way proud of you! And, Britt, you barely look pregnant! How do you get away with that!

Benson Fam said...

Don't you get sick of hearing how dang cute you are pregnant :). J/K. Congratulations James, I would love to run year. There's something very inspiring about seeing so many runners gathered together!

Jenn said...

Hey Brittany! I just saw your blog. I can't believe how big your kids are! Congrats on the new baby.... you're almost there. Are you liking Iowa? Hope everything is going well for you.

Jennifer Dangerfield

Bethany said...

Wow - great job James!! That is a big accomplishment!! I can't believe you are almost done being pregnant!! Yeah for baby #4!! You look great Britt

Tyler said...

Way to go James! Way to be a stud! I miss you guys!!