Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our six-state tour

We had a family trip to visit my sister and her family a few weeks ago that took us through six states. Quite a trip! Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and finally Georgia. I think in that order. It was about a 16 hour drive. It was so fun to have James actually go on a big drive with me!! I've done the last several all on my lonesome. We stayed for a little over a week, and packed our days with fun-ness. I don't have any pictures, which is why I haven't blogged about it. I was hoping that Dawnelle would do it and I could just direct everyone over to her blog. But she hasn't. And it's been a month. My conclusion: She doesn't love me. *Sniff*

Some of the fun things we did:
*ate hot dogs and pizza at Costco
*went to IKEA
*made a raised bed garden practically by ourselves!
*bought a lot of food
*got a pedicure and massage
*semi-participated in a city-wide service project that their stake was in charge of
*had a birthday party for her son Carter who turned four! I made a really tacky fireman poster. I have not art skillz.
*filed papers
*watched DVR'd TV
*ate a lot of food
*went to the Dollar Tree
*James did a lot of fix-up work on their house
*got slushes at Cherry Limeades at Sonic
*saw illegal immigrants waiting in parking lots for jobs
*went to the zoo in Atlanta
*drove around and gawked at the huuuge houses. And that was just in her neighborhood! :)
*I mentioned The Pioneer Woman too many times and embarrassed myself. Seriously, I'm sure I sounded like a crazy person.

1 comment:

M said...

I'm sorry,I have to question the jobless illegal immigrant watching right after 'got slushes' as "funness". But it does rank right up there with my fascination of homeless people and parking meters on my first visit to Detroit...