Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween happened!

Sadly, this is the best and only picture I have. I am just kicking myself now- but I'm hoping Grandma and Grandpa have better ones. I made the costumes while I was in Georgia visiting my sister Dawnelle. (Which was awesome, and needs its own post :)

Brighton is Princess Tiger Lily, Brooklyn is Tinker Bell, Logan was Peter Pan, and Spencer was a lost boy. Who had already lost his hat by the time we took this picture.

Our ward had a trunk or treat on Friday, we went door to door on Saturday, and celebrated James' birthday on Sunday. It was a sugar filled weekend!

I'm not a huge fan of the sweet treats- my kids don't get them daily- so I wanted the candy to be kept at a minimum. They all had a lot, so I told the kids that I would pay them five cents for every piece of candy they gave me. Brighton gave me a dollar's worth and Brooklyn parted with 30 cents worth. Logan said no. :) Of course, I do a little after bedtime sneaking. But it goes straight in the trash. I'm sooo not tempted by store candy. I'm not going to waste my time with second-rate treats. But if it's Dove chocolate or something homemade... that's another story. :)

3 comments:

Benson Fam said...

Adorable, and that is such a cute starfish on Brightons headband :)

Kelly said...

I'm the same way! I save my calories on chocolate and right now it has to be Lindt dark chocolate.

rychelle said...

You are WAY too good! I LOVE store candy...but I need to giv it up!! Check out my pictures. Jodi also has a lady that does her pictures that I think is cheap. I heard she will be back up and running at the beginning of Dec (she's on maternity leave).